This submission agreement (the “Agreement”) is a binding agreement between Imagination Park Entertainment Inc. (“Imagination Park”, “IP“, “we” or “us“) and you or, if applicable, the individual, company or other legal entity you represent (“you“). This Agreement sets forth our submission policies for any screenplay, video, or other content (“Content“) that you submit to Imagination Park using the content submission tool we provide on imaginationpark.com or another option such as Dropbox or any similar file sharing tools.
You accept the terms of this Agreement by clicking to confirm acceptance or by contributing Content to Imagination Park. If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the legal authority to bind that company or legal entity to this Agreement. If you do not have the authority, or if you do not agree with the terms of this Agreement, you must not confirm acceptance and you may not submit Content to Imagination Park.
2. Purpose of Agreement
In this Agreement, you grant us rights to display, use, modify and distribute Content on ImaginationPark.com. This Agreement does not grant us rights to create a television series, movie, or other work based on your Submission. The specific rights you grant to us depend on whether you submit your Content to us for private review as a “Private Submission” or for public review as a “Public Submission”:
2.1. A “Submission” is content, like an original screenplay that is wholly new to Imagination Park when it is submitted. A Submission can be based on or contain elements of a public domain work, but that work must be public domain in all countries worldwide, and only your original contributions (like new dialogue you create) will be considered your Submission, not any element from the public domain work.
2.2. A “Private Submission” is a Submission you submit to us for private review using a tool we provide to you on ImaginationPark.com for doing so. Private Submissions are NOT publicly displayed on Imagination Park’s website. Private Submissions can become Public Submissions as provided immediately below.
2.3 A “Public Submission” is: (i) a Submission you submit to us for public review using a tool we provide to you on ImaginationPark.com for doing so; and (ii) a Private Submission that you convert into a Public Submission using a tool we provide on ImaginationPark.com for doing so.
3. Authority to Enter Into this Agreement. In order for Imagination Park to function well, it’s crucial that you have the right to enter into this Agreement and to grant us all of the rights described in this Agreement:
3.1 You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old (or the age of majority where you reside, whichever is older), can form a legally binding contract by accepting a contract online (without exchange of paper), and have the full right, power and authority to enter into and comply with your obligations under this Agreement.
3.2 You acknowledge that your activities on ImaginationPark.com, including those under this Agreement, are subject to the terms of the Account Agreement and you represent and warrant that you are in compliance with the terms of the Account Agreement.
3.3. If you submit a Submission to ImaginationPark.com, you represent and warrant that you are legally entitled to do so because:
3.3.1 you are the sole author or creator of the Submission (for example, you are contributing an original screenplay you have written completely on your own); or
3.3.2 you are the sole holder of rights in the Submission because all rights in the Submission have been assigned or transferred to you (for example, you are contributing a concept video you created and all talent who helped you create the concept video assigned all their rights to you).
4. Representations, Warranties and Covenants. You further represent and warrant the following with respect to any Submission you submit:
4.1 you have obtained all rights of publicity to any cast members or other individuals appearing in your Content;
4.2 you have obtained all rights necessary to use any music in your Content and are in compliance with all licenses to use the music in your Content;
4.3 you have obtained all rights necessary to use the locations or premises in your Content;
4.4 you have obtained all rights necessary to use any images or footage recognizable in your Content and are in compliance with all licenses to use such images and footage;
4.5 neither your Content nor the exercise of the rights you grant in this Agreement will infringe or violate any copyrights, contract rights, rights of privacy or other rights of any person or defame any person;
4.6 if your Content is based in whole or in part on the life of any real person, you will identify that during the submission process using the means we provide for doing so;
4.7 our exercise of the rights you grant under this Agreement will not give rise to any obligation to pay you or any third party any royalty or other payment;
4.8 if your Content is appropriate only for viewers 17 and older, you will identify the Content as such during the process using the means we provide for doing so;
4.9 your Content is free and clear of any pending or threatened litigation; and
4.10 your Content complies with this Agreement, the Conditions of Use posted on ImaginationPark.com
5. Grant of Rights from You to Imagination Park Entertainment for Original Properties.
5.1. Private Submissions. The following provisions apply to any Submission you submit to ImaginationPark.com as a Private Submission:
5.1.1. Review. Your submission will be subject to review by us. You grant us the right to review and consider your Submission and, in connection therewith, share the Submission with our subcontractors engaged in review and, together with our subcontractors, annotate your Submission.
5.2. Public Submissions. The following provisions apply to any Public Submission:
5.2.1. Submission Type. You may choose to change a Public Submission to a Private Submission at any time using a tool we have provided you to do so.
5.2.2. Our Rights to Distribute Your Public Submission. You grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, non-terminable, sub-licensable, transferable right to copy, transfer, stream, make available for download, add captions and make other distribution-related modifications to your Public Submission as we desire to facilitate such distribution.
6. Profile Information. For all Submissions, you grant to us the right to use profile information you submit on ImaginationPark.com.
7. Similar Content. Given the open nature of ImaginationPark.com, IP participants may develop and submit scripts, movies, shows, and videos that are similar to each other. In order to prevent legal claims that could be disruptive to Imagination Park participants and impede the ability of IP scripts, movies, shows and videos to be developed and released, you agree to irrevocably and forever waive any legal claim you may have under any theory of law in any territory, including, without limitation, copyright infringement or breach of implied in fact contract (idea submission), that your rights were infringed due to any similarity between your Content and any other content that is or may become available on ImaginationPark.com, unless there is substantial similarity of protectable expression under United States copyright law between your Content and the other content and the other content includes a verbatim copy of a material portion of your script or other written material, if your Content is a script or other written material, or a re-use of a material portion of footage from your movie, show or other video if your Content is a movie, show, or other video.
8. No Obligation to Make Available or Use. We have no obligation to make any Content available anywhere or to otherwise use it in any way. If we make any Content available on ImaginationPark.com or otherwise commence exploitation, we may remove it and cease further exploitation at any time in our sole discretion.
9. Compensation. You will have no right to compensation in connection with the exploitation of rights you grant under this Agreement.
10. Cumulative Rights. All rights you grant under this Agreement are cumulative and we may exercise or refrain from exercising any one or more of them separately from, simultaneously and/or in connection with any other rights you grant us or with any rights we obtain from other sources. In addition, if any grant of exclusive rights you make to us is deemed invalid or to be less than exclusive, we will, nonetheless, have a non-exclusive license to use the Content as authorized in this Agreement to the fullest extent permissible under law.
11.1. Relationship of the Parties. You will perform under this Agreement as an independent contractor of Imagination Park. Nothing in this agreement will be deemed to constitute a joint venture or partnership between the parties. Neither party will have the right to bind the other in any manner.
11.2. Affiliates. All rights you grant to us may be exercised by us or by any of our affiliates, subcontractors or sublicensees.
11.3. Assignment. You will not assign any part or all of this Agreement without our prior written consent. Any attempt to assign in violation of this section is void in each instance. We may assign any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement to any party, and the assignment will be deemed a novation under law forever releasing IP from any and all obligations and liabilities under this Agreement.
11.4. No Responsibility for Third-Party Actions. You acknowledge that, if submitted to ImaginationPark.com as a Public Submission, your Content is freely available for download without copy protection. In no event will ImaginationPark.com or any of its licensees, its sublicensees, its distributors, its producers, any party to which it assigns any of its rights hereunder, or its or their affiliates, successors or assigns, or any of their directors, officers, members, shareholders, employees, associates, agents or representatives (collectively, the “IP Parties“) be responsible for any reproduction, display, modification, or use of your Content or any portion thereof by you or any third party.
11.5. Remedies and Interpretation. All remedies will be cumulative and pursuit of any one will not waive any other. Captions and headings are for convenience only and will not be used to construe meaning.